Where I've worked
Industry Experience: 2.4 years
Apr 2021 - Present
Software Development Engineer
- Implemented automated scripts to run performance analysis while rolling out new features to ensure no performance regressions were introduced saving 2 days of manual work per region rollout
- Dove deep to resolve ongoing issues from an unknown cause related to clean thread shutdowns of a critical component, enabling my team to safely deploy the component without causing customer impact
- Lead and organized a knowledge sharing group within my team to help grow and develop each other and build a personal connection as we worked from home
- Onboarded microservices to a local development and testing framework to reduce build times and minimize the need for separate testing stacks, reducing development time
Jun 2020 - Sep 2020
Software Engineer Intern
- Built an automated documentation parsing system in Python to generate code-completion syntax rules based on the public documentation page, increasing clarity for users and saving time for future updates
- Designed and implemented an ANTLR grammar parser for a custom query language to generate helpful and contextual syntax error messages so users could understand problems easier
- Created end-to-end canary tests to ensure the React components were visually correct and did not break with future changes
- Achieved near 100% code coverage on unit tests for React components and utility classes
Sep 2018 - Jan 2020
Front End Engineer
- Contributed to a learning management system for 250+ students across multiple locations to access the curriculum by building reusable React components using Typescript that were connected to a REST API
- Wrote unit tests using Jest for new React components
- Gave time estimates for features by creating detailed task breakdowns and outlining the steps to implement that feature so the business owners could approve the costs
- Solved problems in the classroom that I saw as the Assistant Manager by suggesting a feature and how it would help, providing an implementation plan, and following it
Sep 2018 - Oct 2020
In this role, some of my responsibilities were:
- Managing and mentoring our Code Mentors to provide the best learning experience possible.
- Contributing to the growth of our curriculum.
- Continuously looking for ways to implement new teaching strategies when necessary.
- Creating training for our teachers.
- Marketing and and leading tours of the school.
- Managing special events like hackathons and coding workshops.
Jun 2018 - Apr 2019
Edmonds Community College
I worked in both the Math Center and in classrooms with professors to:
- Help pre-college level math students to clearly understand any topics they struggled with.
- Teach students how to approach a problem and find the best technique to solve it with.
- Proctor tests and quizzes
Sep 2017 - Aug 2018
- Quickly became promoted to Engagement Lead where I led a team of cashiers because of my customer service, sales, and leadership ability
- Achieved employee of the month in February 2018 for leading other employees, connecting with customers to provide amazing customer service and working hard
- Chosen to train new employees in all areas of the store including cashier, business policies, customer service and folding because of my skill in each of those areas
Sep 2019 - Mar 2021
University of Washington, Bothell
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science & Software Engineering
UW Bothell Faculty Honors
- Data Structures & Algorithms I & II
- Management Principles
- Cloud Computing
- VR Mobile Apps (Unity) & Mobile Networking
- Web Applications
- Architecture, Analysis and Design
- SQL Database Systems
- Distributed System Design
- Software Engineering Standards
- Operating Systems
- Hardware & Computer Organization
- Technical Writing
Oct 2008 - Jul 2010
Edmonds Community College
Associate in Arts, Computer Science focus
- Advanced Java
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Software Architecture
- Android Development
I also earned a couple certificates:
- Java Developer Certificate | Dec 2018
- Android Developer Certificate | Mar 2019